World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program —The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) announce the opening of the application period for the 2024 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals.
Women are encouraged to apply for the 2024 WBG Africa Fellowship Program. Through the fellowship, the World Bank Group aims to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, and policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
2024 WBG Africa Fellowship Program Details
The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations.
This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, the design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024 Eligible Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program:
- You must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- You must be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
WBG-Africa Fellowship Program 2024 Selection Process
- Phase I:
Depending on the applicants ‘ specialization, a short list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG. World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024 applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- Phase II:
The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2024.
Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C., or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
How to Apply for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024
It is very easy to apply for the fellowship program, the steps below should be taken for a successful application.
- Go to the World Bank Group Fellowship Application Page
- Click on Register at the bottom of the page
- Under the sign-in form, click on the link “Sign Up Now”
- Enter a valid email address and click on Send Verification Code
- Open your email message to get the code, then enter the code in the space provided to verify the code
- Then complete your profile account creation with the needed details.
After that, sign in to the World Bank Group page, or click on the World Bank group fellowship application page link in step one above, then Start your application by providing the personal details required and click on NEXT PAGE.
Click here to apply for the WBG Africa Fellowship Program 2023
- Application Launch: July 18, 2023
- Application Deadline: August 25, 2024