The United Nations University (UNU-MERIT) Postgraduate Scholarship for the academic year 2024/2025 is an excellent opportunity for highly intelligent students to pursue their doctoral studies. Hosted by the University of United Nations Netherlands, this scholarship offers full financial support for eligible candidates. In this blog post, we will provide a comprehensive overview of this scholarship program, including information about the host institution, eligible fields and levels, scholarship value, eligibility criteria, and application instructions.
This prestigious scholarship is offered by the United Nations University, which comprises the Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and its School of Governance at Maastricht University (UM).
The United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship is open to candidates at the PhD level. It welcomes applicants from various academic fields, including economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences, and public health. Additionally, candidates with a strong foundation in mathematics and statistics, as well as knowledge in economics, social sciences, political science, or law, are encouraged to apply.
While the specific monetary value of the scholarship is not stated, it is a full scholarship. This means that it covers the cost of tuition and provides financial support to scholarship awardees.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Possess a Master’s degree in a relevant academic field, such as economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences, or public health.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which will be assessed based on the content and level of previous academic studies and/or work experience.
Showcase a basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science, and/or law, as determined by the content and level of previous academic studies and/or work experience.
- Have proficiency in English, with a minimum score of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or a score of 7.0 for the IELTS. Native English speakers and students who completed their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt from this requirement.
To apply for the United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship, candidates should follow these instructions:
- Complete the application process online through the provided link.
- Prepare the necessary application documents, which may include:
- Certified copies of certificates and grades, along with an explanation of the grading system.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- A motivation letter of 400 – 500 words.
- Three letters of recommendation (in English) from current or former professors or employers.
- A one-page essay indicating the topic of research interest.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of your passport.
- Passport-sized photo.
- Full information about your current study and/or job.
The application period for the United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship opens in November. For additional details and the official application process, visit the Official Website