The University of California Irvine is inviting applications from suitably qualified undergraduate and masters students for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category for International Students. UC Irvine offers freshmen entering from high school and transfer students the opportunity for the 2024 academic session.
This UCI Distinguished scholarship is renewable for 3 years for freshmen and 1 year for transfer beyond their initial year of tenure as long as eligibility requirements continue to be met. The scholarship application period for continuing students is open through the month of January for awarding in the upcoming academic year.
UC Irvine’s commitment to supporting academic excellence and fostering a thriving educational environment makes the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category a remarkable opportunity for deserving students to pursue their dreams and make the most of their college experience.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California Irvine, USA
- Host Institution(s): University of California Irvine, USA
- Scholarship Worth: Not stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates & Masters
- Nationality: Domestic and International Students
2024 UCI Distinguished Scholarship Category Details:
The University of California Irvine provides numerous scholarship opportunities exclusively for current undergraduate students. These scholarships can be accessed through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ yearly online scholarship application. Some of the notable scholarships offered include:
- The Regents’ Scholarship
- The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
- The Directors’ Scholarship
To be considered for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment: Applicants must be full-time undergraduate or master’s degree students at UCI, taking a minimum of 12 units in each academic quarter. Doctoral degree students should not apply for this category and should explore scholarship/fellowship opportunities through their respective departments or Graduate Division.
- Academic Performance: A minimum of 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA is required for eligibility.
- Financial Aid Application: To qualify for need-based scholarships, applicants must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if they are eligible. The FAFSA can be completed at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Alternatively, students who are ineligible for FAFSA but qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a California Dream Act application to be considered for need-based scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be completed at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Citizenship Status: Eligible applicants are undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree and must be either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens.
- International Students: International students are welcome to apply for UCI scholarships. However, they are not eligible to file a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application, and thus, they do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
How to Apply for Distinguished Scholarships 2024
Application Process for Distinguished Scholarships:
- Automatic Consideration: For the Distinguished Scholarship category, applicants do not need to submit a separate scholarship application. Instead, they are automatically considered for the scholarships in this category based on the information provided in their UC application for admission.
- No Additional Materials Needed: Unlike other scholarships, no supplementary materials or documents are required or taken into account during the selection process for these prestigious awards.
- Application Deadline: To be eligible for consideration for the three scholarships (The Regents’ Scholarship, The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship, and The Directors’ Scholarship), prospective students must apply for fall admission to the University of California Irvine by November 30.
By following these steps and ensuring a complete and timely submission of their UC admission application, students will be in the running for the Distinguished Scholarships category without the need for additional paperwork or forms.
Application Deadline: November 30. 2023