The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University cultivates a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from around the world and guides them to collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing society.
Through the King Global Leadership Program, scholars will broaden their knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen their character, as scholars will go through community experiences, workshops, meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars span all 7 schools at Stanford. Knight-Hennessy Scholars are talented individuals, and they are made up of a multidisciplinary community of scholars. The program offers a platform for purposeful leadership development and empowers you to effect large-scale positive impact in the world.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program Summary
- Host Institution(s): Stanford University in the USA
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target group: Applicants from all countries – there are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, field of study, career aspiration, etc.
- Deadline: 11 Oct 2023 (Annual)
- Study in: USA
- The course starts autumn of 2024
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject offered at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD) with some exceptions:
- Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- Current Stanford Ph.D. students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
Knight-Hennessy Scholarship value/inclusions/duration:
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. During each of the first 3 years of graduate study, those in the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program receive:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Additional funding specific to certain years:
- Newly enrolling scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend intended to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases
- Scholars in their second and third years may apply for supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g., conference travel).
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2024 Eligibility:
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
First, in addition to applying to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program (KHS), you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. You must meet at least one of the following four conditions:
- You are applying separately but concurrently to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year.
- You have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year.
- You are a current Stanford Ph.D. student in your first year of enrollment and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of Ph.D. enrollment.
Second, you must have earned, in January 2017 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing. To apply to join the cohort in 2024, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2017 or later.
Stanford Knight–Hennessy Scholars Application
To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply separately and concurrently to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. The deadline for the Knight Hennesy Scholars Program application is 11 October 2023, 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
The deadline for applications to your Stanford graduate degree program varies by program. You must check your desired program’s website to confirm your program’s application deadline which is usually earlier.
It is important to visit the official website (link here) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.