The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto is a prestigious opportunity for graduate education, offering full funding to eligible candidates. This scholarship aims to support students from Sub-Saharan African countries who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership qualities.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Toronto, one of Canada’s leading institutions for learning, discovery, and knowledge creation.
This scholarship program is available for students pursuing a Master’s degree in various fields of study. The University of Toronto offers a wide range of graduate programs, and applicants can choose their preferred field based on their academic interests.
While the exact monetary value of the scholarship is not specified in the information provided, it is a fully funded program, which typically covers tuition, living expenses, and other related costs. Several awards are available for deserving candidates.
To be eligible for the Mastercard Scholarship at the University of Toronto in 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship and residency in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Graduation or graduation within the last 5 years from a partner institution of the African Higher Education Health Collaborative, with no prior graduate-level studies.
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership qualities during their undergraduate years.
- Academic admissibility to one of the sponsored graduate programs.
- A commitment to return to their home country after graduation to contribute to economic growth and social development in Africa.
These eligibility criteria ensure that the scholarship is awarded to individuals who have a strong academic background and a genuine desire to make a positive impact on their home continent.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and wish to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto, follow these steps:
Step One: Admission Requirements Prospective applicants should first consult the admission requirements for their chosen graduate program. Ensure that you meet the academic prerequisites for your program of interest.
Step Two: Scholarship Application
- Sign up to attend a scholarship information session.
- Complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship application, making sure to adhere to the submission deadline and include all required attachments.
- If your application meets all the criteria and is approved by the Scholarship Admission Committee, you will receive an email to proceed to the next step.
Step Three: Graduate Program Application
- Begin your graduate application to your chosen department/program at the University of Toronto through the School of Graduate Studies website.
- Each department will provide specific requirements for their programs and deadlines for supplementary information submission. This process is completed online, involving document uploads to your application.
- Follow the instructions of your prospective department once you receive them.
The application deadline for the 2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto is November 15, 2023.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to pursue your Master’s degree in Canada with full financial support. For further details and to start your application, visit the Official Website