Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students at La Trobe University. These scholarships are available for future undergraduates, future postgraduate coursework, and international students.
The Destination Australia Program is designed to encourage domestic and international students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers, and to offer students a high-quality learning experience.
Destination Australia Scholarship for International Students Brief Description
- Student type: International
- Study level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate coursework
- Study area: Agriculture and animal sciences, science and mathematics
- Scholarship focus: Academic excellence, experience, and employability, financial hardship, rural or remote
- Scholarship duration: For the program’s duration (maximum 4 years)
- Number Awarded: may vary
About the Destination Australia scholarships
The Destination Australia scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. It aligns with the National Strategy for International Education 2025.
The scholarship’s objective is to:
- Attract and support study in regional Australia
- Grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers
- Offer students a high-quality learning experience.
The Destination Australia Program – Scholarship Benefits and Details:
$15000 per annum for Four years.
These scholarships reward your achievements and are designed to support your studies, no matter what the future holds.
Two payments of $7,500 per payment per year are paid after semester 1 and 2 census dates. Payments will be made for up to three years for new undergraduate students, and two years for new postgraduate coursework students.
Studying overseas offers you a lot of exciting opportunities, but it is important you’re prepared for the costs involved.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You’re eligible to apply for the Destination Australia scholarship if you:
- Are an international student
- Hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration
- Are a commencing student
- Are UQ alumni commencing a different program (for example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree)
- Have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2022 (you don’t
- Need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
- Will study full-time via Internal study mode at UQ’s Gatton campus for the scholarship’s duration
- Reside in a regional area of Australia for the scholarship’s duration as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure 2016 (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
Complete the online application form.
You will need to submit:
- a personal statement (limit 300 words).
NOTE: Make sure you attach all your supporting documents before you submit them. You’ll need to submit your application by 23:59pm AEST on the closing date.
Click here to use the tips for putting together a great application to help you through this process.
- Applications open: November 2023
- Applications close: January 2024